What is a Sew Day? It's like a mini retreat. Members bring their projects: machines or handwork are welcome. You can bring your hand embroidery, crochet or knitting projects too. We don't mind as long as you are making something with thread, floss or yarn! It's always fun to get together with friends and work on projects. What is more wonderful than a room full of humming sewing machines?
A few ideas for things to work on:
- Contribute to our community service project. We are making ten lap quilts for a local nursing home. We will have fabric available to sew blocks for the two patterns that we are working on, just bring your machine and thread!
- Work on your improv quilt along project Assistance and advice will be available from members of the guild.
- Work on your Block of the Month blocks!
- Work on your Negative Space Challenge entry!
- Bring your unfinished projects or UFOs to get some encouragement to finish!
- Bring some orphan blocks or fabric to donate to our community service work.
Reservations are not required for members, however we do appreciate it if you sign up iit helps us plan the space. Members: please feel free to turn up on the day without signing up.
Guests please do sign up!
- We will be sewing from 10am to 3pm. Come and go as you please.
- Bring your lunch and some snacks to share.
- Bring a power cord if you plan to bring your sewing machine.
- Free for members!
- Optional: If you would like to donate a few $$$, it will be put towards the costs of our community service and education projects.
- Guests: $5. A great way to get to know some local quilters.