Join our guild
Welcome! SFMQG is a modern quilting guild and a chapter of the national Modern Quilt Guild. We welcome new members of all levels of quilting skill and of all ages. We have members who are just beginning to learn how to make quilts, and members who have been quilting for more than 30 years. Our members come from Martin, Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties. All are welcome!
Benefits of joining SFMQG include
- Monthly guild meetings, which include lectures and demonstrations, plus the opportunity to participate in show and tell, Block of The Month lotteries, Quilt-a-longs, and many other activities.
- 20% discount on fees for SFMQG workshops, lectures, sew days, sewcials, retreats and happy hours.
- Access to the SFMQG members-only online community.
- Opportunities to participate in inter-guild swaps and challenges, and national and local shows and exhibits.
- Opportunities to participate in community service projects.
- Discounts and special offers with MQG sponsors and affiliated companies.
- Membership card.
SFMQG members also receive full membership in the national Modern Quilt Guild, which offers many additional benefits, including
- Access to the MQG members website and resources including monthly webinars, free pattern of the month, forums and guild events listings.
- Opportunities to participate in national sponsored challenges and shows.
- Priority and early-bird registration and discounted fees to enter MQG quilt shows and conferences, including the annual Quiltcon event.
- Membership card, Pin and blog button.
- 10% discount on online MQG merchandise purchases.
New members can join at any time of the year. New member dues are prorated after April 1st.
Our annual dues are $50 and are paid in November each year. Renewals made after November are $55.
- Members under the age of 18 pay 50% of the usual annual dues.
- Junior members can participate in all activities, and vote in all guild matters, but cannot serve on the Executive Council.
- Junior members must be sponsored by a member in good standing who is 18 or older.
If you have any questions about membership, please get in touch by using our Contact page.
Thank you, and happy stitching!