A modern quilt block that is really no trouble at all!
Double-Trouble is a fun quilt block and design workshop that merges a traditional half-square triangle block with an improvisational stitch and flip triangle technique. We’lll explore and inspire each other on the design walls with the unlimited controlled and chaotic quilt design potential this block has to offer. One block = endless designs!
Katie will have multiple examples made with prints and solids to show for inspiration.
- Machine in awesome working order (don’t forget your power cords)
- 6” templated quilting square
- 5.5” templated quilting square
- Rotary Cutter
- Long templated quilting ruler
- Cutting Mat
- Design Wall (this can be just a yard of batting or flannel to hang)
- Painters tape
We’ll be designing improvisationally in this workshop. Our goal during class will be to make enough squares for you to play with design layouts. Blocks can easily be added later to enlarge your quilt size. Fabric here is an estimate so that you can happily create and play in class. FYI, just like cookies, more is better;) Just sayin.’
- (80) Total 6” solid and/or small scale print squares for half-square triangles:
● (40) medium to dark
● (40) light
2. Improv triangles:
● Gallon Zip-Lock full of scraps 2” or larger OR (8-10) 2” to 4” wide selvage to
selvage strips of fabric.
**Prior to class draw a diagonal line (corner to corner) on the wrong side of each light square if you have time, no sweat if not. Other size squares are fine! If you want to get a jump start feel free to make some half-square triangles prior to class. This will allow you to have more design wall time.