Bring your inspiration to life as you create a one of a kind unique quilt pattern. Work with Heather to create a quilt pattern that is inspired by something you have seen: an old building, a water tower, the sunset, etc. In this class, we’ll be using a photograph of your inspiration as a starting point and will create a quilt design based on that inspiration. Heather will guide you through the process of sketching, designing pattern pieces, calculating yardage and construction methods, creating a color palette, and fabric selection. You’ll leave the class with a complete pattern that is ready to be constructed in your home studio.
Note: there is no sewing in this workshop.
- learn how to translate visual inspiration into sketchbook drawings
- learn how to design a block or quilt based on their inspiration
- learn how to calculate yardage for pattern pieces
- create their own unique quilt pattern
Heather Jones is an author, designer and self-taught quilter. Her first solo book, Quilt Local: Finding Inspiration in the Everyday was released in October 2015. She is the founder and former president of the Cincinnati Modern Quilt Guild; three of her original quilts were chosen as winners of “Project Modern,” a year-long national quilting design competition sponsored by the national Modern Quilt Guild; and she is also a two-time finalist for the Martha Stewart American Made Awards. Heather is often inspired by everyday places and things, and is excited by the challenge to translate that inspiration into her work. She has a great love and respect for the traditional art of quilting, is an avid collector of vintage quilts, and loves to bring a modern twist to traditional patterns. Heather lives outside of Cincinnati, Ohio with her husband and two young children. Find Heather on her website, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Policy on workshop sales and refunds
- Workshop places must be booked in the name of the person who will be attending.
- All workshop purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Refunds unfortunately cannot be given for any reason other than a transfer by SFMQG to a waiting list participant. Waiting list transfers must be conducted by SFMQG.
- If an event is sold out, and we have an interested party on the waiting list who would like to attend, we will consider refunds up to 24 hours before the event. In these cases refunds will be issued to the returning party after the waiting list party has paid in full.