We are looking forward to seeing everyone at our December general meeting on Saturday December the 17th, from 1 to 3pm. Doors open at 12:30, so please try to arrive in time to sign in and socialize.
If you are submitting a quilt to our special exhibit, Stitched Together, at World Quilt Orlando in January, please be sure to bring it and hand it in to Charlotte.
As usual, we have a lot of fun agenda items planned, including
- The President’s icebreaker question for December is two questions!
- (1) How many quilts did you complete in 2016?
- (2) Describe one thing you learned from being an SFMQG member this year.
- Quiltcon Charity Quilt: update on the progress with our group quilt for the national MQG’s 2017 show in Savannah.
- Make Do Challenge: Patti will be distributing bundles of varied fabrics for you to use in your make-do quilts.
- Block of the Month: there was no block to sew for December, but our new BOM crew will be debuting the January BOM and giving us some tips on how to participate in the 2017 BOM lotteries.
- Broward Quilt Expo: We are getting super excited about the big quilt show in March of 2017! SFMQG is sponsoring the modern category, and we’ll be giving you lots of information on how to get the most out of the event.
- Show & Tell : bring your finished modern quilts to show off! We would also love to see the mini quilts that everyone is making for BQE. And if you are doing any handmade holiday gifts this year, please bring them to show us before they are gifted to your lucky recipients!
Our December meeting will be a little shorter than usual, and we will have an extended social time from 2-3pm. Please bring some snacks to share, and feel free to bring your hand sewing as we’ll have some tables to gather around. A wonderful opportunity to get to know some of your guild mates!!
See you on the 17th!
~ Allison Schnackenberg, President