SPECIAL NOTICE - PLEASE READ AGAIN
This meeting has been rescheduled for a new date and location :
July 23rd at Sugar Sand Community Center, 1-3pm.
Sorry Patch Reef won't be open for our July Meeting!
Our July meeting is a going to be a humdinger!
Saturday July 23rd at Sugar Sand Community Center, 300 South Military Trail Boca Raton. Doors open 12.30. * Please see special note below.
The main event will be our Negative Space Challenge Finale! We will have 20 finalists competing for three prizes. Our first place prize of a $100 gift card is sponsored by our favorite local quilt shop, Stitchcraft in Boca Raton. Our second and third place prizes are $75 and $50 gift cards. During the meeting all quilts will be on display. We will have a special Show & Tell and each maker will tell us about her quilt. Voting will take place during the intermission and the winners will be awarded their beautiful ribbons and prizes at the end of the meeting. All members attending the meeting are eligible to vote.
Our 50/50 raffle to raise funds for the guild will be debuted this month. We will be rotating this raffle every other month with the Sewtastic Basket. Raffle tickets are $1 and the winner gets 50% of the total amount raised. The other 50% goes to the guild to fund our workshops, lectures, and community service projects.
We will also have two additional Special Show & Tells! The first featuring the progress on the heart quilts we are making for the Orlando MQG’s #quiltsforpulse drive. We still need heart blocks: particularly the larger sizes (10.5, 8.5 and 7.5 inches unfinished) so please do some sewing and bring your donations to the meeting!
The second Special Show & Tell will be for participants of the Fabric Block Printing workshops we held this month. Everyone who went please bring your blocks and your printed items to show the group!
July’s meeting will also include our Block of the Month, which is Lightning Zigzags. Remember to make at least 4 of these cute little 3.5 inch blocks for the lottery!
We’ll be talking about month five of our Improv Round Robin Quilt Along.
And please bring your modern quilts for our regular Show & Tell!
Your July Meeting "What to Bring" checklist:
- Name tags - please wear your handmade name tags. Remember the name tag tax starts next month!
- Cash for buying goodies from the Member's Destash Table before and after the meeting.
- Negative Space Challenge quilts - please arrive between 12 and 12:30 so we have time to hang your quilt.
- Fabric block printing participants - bring your blocks and printed items.
- Quilts For Pulse - bring your heart blocks, finished quilts and WIP.
- Show & Tell - bring your modern quilt projects.
- Block of the month - bring your blocks for the lottery.
- Quilt Along - bring your boxes to swap.
- Snacks to share - please bring cookies, cake, chips, candy etc to share.
- Sewtastic Basket donations - please bring modern fabric, patterns & notions or cute gift items for our fundraising basket.
Please note: Our meeting venue, Patch Reef Community Center, is currently closed for construction. They expect to reopen soon.
I look forward to seeing everyone next week!
~ Allison Schnackenberg, President