We are having our first Sew Day!
What is a Sew Day? It's like a mini retreat. Members bring their projects: machines or handwork are welcome.You can bring your hand embroidery, crochet or knitting projects too. We don't mind as long as you are making something with thread, floss or yarn! It's always fun to get together with friends and work on projects. What can be more wonderful than a room full of humming sewing machines?
Our first Sew Day is Saturday, March 5th from 10am to 3pm at Patch Reef Park Community Center. Check out the Event Listing for a map and full details.
A few ideas for things to work on:
- Contribute to our community service project. We are making ten lap quilts for a local nursing home. We will have fabric available to sew blocks for the two patterns that we are working on, just bring your machine and thread!
- Work on your improv quilt along project - put together your fabric box and work on your first block. Assistance and advice will be available from members of the guild.
- Try out the Quilt As You Go technique for our block of the month lottery! Help will be available for those who are new to the technique.
- Finish up your Red Thread embroidery challenge.
- Bring your unfinished projects or UFOs to get some encouragement to finish!
- Bring some orphan blocks or fabric to donate to our community service work.
No reservations necessary, just bring your projects and supplies. We will have plenty of tables and light, and room to spread out!
- We will be sewing from 10am to 3pm. Come and go as you please.
- Bring your lunch and some snacks to share.
- Free for members!
- Optional: If you would like to donate $5, it will be put towards the costs of our community service project.
- Guests: please contact us to check on space availability.