Happy Fall! Here are some photos from our August meeting:
1. Round Robin Quilts: we have three Round Robin quilts in progress, and they are all beautiful! Once they become approximately 36 inches square, they will be turned into charity quilts for Project Linus.
2. Block of the Month: for August's Block of the Month, everyone was asked to make one or more blocks using text fabrics. Otherwise, the pattern and color choices were open to anything! Our members came up with some incredible blocks in all different styles and colors. One lucky member took home the bunch!
For September's block of the month, we are making simple "Roman Stripe" blocks in any color or pattern you choose. You can see the info HERE.
3. We discussed the topic of "what is modern fabric" by showing lots of examples of interesting fabrics and debating what makes something modern vs. retro vs. traditional. Great discussion!
For September's meeting, we will discuss "what are modern patterns." Bring in interesting quilt patterns (both traditional and modern) to show everyone!
We also had a beautiful show and tell of a member's collection of authentic feedsack fabrics. They were all incredibly gorgeous!
4. Virtual Quilting Bee: Quilting Bee members were asked to make "library" blocks for this month. They turned out great!
For September, the Quilting Bee members are making a Tallahassee Block. You can find the pattern HERE.
5. Show and Tell: here are some great Show and Tell photos!
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting this Saturday, September 21st, from 10am to 12pm at StitchCraft!
~ Nicole Kaplan