2019 QuiltCon Charity Quilt Challenge:
Our 2019 QuiltCon Charity Quilt Challenge kicked off at our July meeting. This year the design theme is "small piecing," and we've asked members to make blocks in any style, but generally incorporating pieces of fabric that are less than 1" in either width or length. After our members make the blocks, Karla Irby will assemble the quilt top, Charlotte Noll will big stitch quilt the quilt, and Kerrilyn O'Rourke will attach the binding and sleeve.
Our Guidelines for the Blocks are Simple:
- The blocks can have any design
- Finished blocks should be 10” x 10” or smaller
- At least half of each block should be the purple background fabric that was in the plastic bag you picked up at the meeting. (In other words, 50% minimum purple fabric)
- Use a shorter stitch length when sewing your blocks
- Only use the fabrics that were handed out at the meeting
If you picked up fabric at our July meeting, please bring your completed block(s) to the August meeting. If you cannot make the August meeting, please mail your block(s) to Karla. (Email Karla at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need her mailing address.)
Read more about the QuiltCon Charity Quilt Challenge and Small Piecing here.
Submitted on Karla's behalf
Derietra Neal-Ferguson, Secretary