SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH, 2016
1 PM - 3 PM
PATCH REEF COMMUNITY CENTER
2000 W. YAMATO ROAD, BOCA RATON
Bring a friend month
October is bring a friend month! Do you have a friend who is interested in sewing or quilting? Bring them along to the meeting! They can attend for free and you both get entered into a special raffle to win some fun prizes. Let's make our wonderful guild even better by growing with more members!
Hello QAL participants!
Remember to bring your QAL box to the next meeting! You will be receiving your box of blocks back at that time (and there will be a tutorial coming for the final block that you will make, along with vital information about putting your blocks together in a quilt). Also if there is anybody that did all the QAL blocks at home along with us, please let me know ASAP (and bring in your blocks) so we can recognize you!!
Special Topic: Pieced Backs
Our topic this month, presented by Charlotte, is pieced quilt backs. Please bring your modern quilts with pieced backs for special topic show & tell.
Other things to look forward to:
- Icebreaker: What is the best quilting related workshop you have ever taken, and why?
- Block of the month lottery
- President’s Talk: Guild activities update, elections and more
- BQE news and quilt entry information with guest speaker Judy Kaplan
- Community Service projects update ***After the meeting Susan and Wanda will be delivering the finished quilts to Manor Care Nursing Home, all are invited to join.
- Show & Tell
What to bring checklist:
- Wear your name tag! Any members without a handmade name tag will have to pay the $1 tax!
- BOM blocks and jelly roll strips (2.5 x 18 inches or longer) in this month’s BOM colors (or black & white) for the jelly roll raffle.
- QAL boxes.
- Snacks to share.
- LOTS of cash to buy goodies from the member’s Destash Table.
- Donations for the Sewtastic Basket: modern fabric, patterns, gift cards, books, notions, little presents!
- Show & Tell
From our Milestone organizer, LoriAnn Esposito:
We are starting a new part of our guild called “Milestones!” Here we will announce birthdays, special acknowledgements, get well wishes, etc…you get it right? Please send me your special notices, get well wishes, anything happy or sad that you would like to let us all know.
It you have big or small quilting related items that you would like to donate to Milestones I would love that. Then I can start stockpiling gifts for the future.
To start off I’d like to wish a Happy Birthday and health, wealth and lots of love to the following:
- Theresa Monuteaux 10/3
- Linda Gordon 10/5
- Rose Parsons 10/6
- Tonya Ricucci 10/10
- Debby Schindall 10/12
- Diane Baxter 10/15
- Derietra Neal-Ferguson 10/16
- Isabella Elias 10/18
- Molly Carty 10/27
- Carmen Corrales-Deret 10/29
See you at the meeting
Debby Schindall ~ Secretary