As announced last August, we have a fun challenge for our members this year. We are very pleased to announce that the wonderful folks at Stitchcraft will be sponsoring our First Place prize! And we are also super excited to be invited to do a special exhibition at IS Projects as part of the Fat Village Art Walk in Fort Lauderdale this July!
Challenge Theme: Modern Negative Space
- Use modern fabrics – solids and/or prints
- Size: No smaller than 35 inches on any side and no larger than a total of 480 inches on the perimeter (all sides added together).
- Due at July 16th at the general meeting.
Challenge Awards :
Voted on by members at the July SFMQG Meeting
- 1st Place $100 StitchCraft Gift Certificate - Sponsored by StitchCraft
- 2nd Place $75 StitchCraft Gift Certificate
- 3rd Place $50 StitchCraft Gift Certificate
Challenge Event Schedule :
- July 16th 2016 - Exhibit, Contest and Quilt Stories Challenge Finale at July Meeting
- July 28th 2016 - IS Projects SFMQG members Opening Reception
- July 30th 2016 - Exhibit at IS Projects Art Walk - exhibit will continue for 2 weeks.
This challenge is open to SFMQG members only.
To participate, you must register. Please fill in the form on our Event Listing.
Some inspirational reading:
- Negative Space SFMQG Special Topic Presentation
- QuiltCon 2015: Use of Negative Space part 1
- QuiltCon 2015: Use of Negative Space part 2
- What is Modern Quilting Fabric?
- Contemporary Quilting: 5 Tips for Using Negative Space
- 2016 QuiltCon Negative Quilt Category - from The Quilt Show
~ Charlotte Noll - VP of Programs