CIRCLING THE BRAIN – MONTH FIVE
By Patti Auten
Whoa, we’re almost there. . . .
Thanks for hanging in there QALers! I’m excited to see what’s cooking with your Circling the Brain block!
Hopefully by now, you have completed your large block! Kudos! You’ve conquered many of our SFMQG’s biggest fears – improv, paper piecing and sewing curves! Now it’s time to finish your project.
So. . . what to do with your block? Here’s a couple of cool ideas for you to consider.
3. Make an unusual setting for your block and make a larger quilt. Or use it as the center for a medallion quilt.
4. Make three more blocks in different colorways and turn it into a Warhol type quilt!
5. “Float” your quilt block in a similar color.
The possibilities are endless. However, you still have to QUILT it. Here are a couple of ideas on how to quilt your Circling the Brain project:
1. Quilt “rays” across your project (think of the circle like a pizza).
2. “Spiral” your quilting from the center.
3. In fact, here are dozens of ideas on how to quilt your project!
In September, we are having our show and tell of your final Circling the Brain projects! See you then!