Beth Schnell was kind enough to locate directions and make three sample wonky stars blocks for us. Aren’t they pretty?!!! Thank you Beth!!
We have two great tutorials available for you to choose from to learn how to make your Wonky Stars:
1. Victoria Gertenbach’s tutorial found on her The Silly BooDilly blog post
2. Our own South Florida Modern Quilt Guild President, Allison’s great tutorial on her Savage Pink “Mildly Liberated Stars” website.
And the cool and calming palette that Shelly choose is sure to please your palette and oh so pretty!
A cool and calm BOM fabric bundle, that Shelly has picked out for us will be available for sale at our at our March 19th guild meeting or at StitchCraft in Boca. Here are the solid color matches for you (with a general color indicator):
Kona colors: Limelight (K001-493), Asparagus (K001-348), Old Green (K001-1259), Ultra-Marine (K001-483) and Mediterranean (K001-479)
Moda Bella colors: Clover (990073), Betty’s Green (9900121), Kelly (990076), Emerald (9900268) and Horizon Blue (9900111)
- Blocks should finish at 12 ½”
- Use colorway fabrics only; No white or grey background.
- Directional fabrics are tricky to use for this BOM and should be avoided.
- Use scant ¼” seam.
- Use 50 weight cotton thread in a coordinating or neutral color
- Press after sewing each strip.
- Trim loose threads as you go.
~ Jean Jankovich, BOM Council