3rd October 2015
led by Patti Auten - SFMQG VP of Projects
The South Florida Modern Quilt Guild is having fun with Modern Traditionalism...the updating of classic quilt designs.
Our leader for this workshop is our own Patti Auten - SFMQG VP of Projects. Her quilting style over the years has veered more into improvisational styles with bright colors. She's thrilled to have "found her people" in the SFMQ guild. She's happy to use her enthusiasm and teaching skills for The Quilt-A-Long project. Find Patti on Instagram. Facebook and Pinterest
Explore a gentle introduction to improv quilts using traditional nine patch blocks. We'll be using variations of the churn dash and monkey wrench patterns and "making it modern" using improv techniques. Participants will complete blocks for a 36 x 48 mini quilt during the mini workshop. Based on TeresaDownUnder's Semi-improv 9-patch quilt tutorial
- Location: StitchCraft 399 S. Federal Highway, Boca Raton, FL 33432
- Time: 10:30am - 1:30pm - students are welcome to stay till store close at 5pm to continue sewing.
- Space limited to 12 places. Register now to avoid disappointment.
- Cost: $25 ($20 for SFMQG members).
- Early registration for SFMQG members only Sept 10th - 14th 2015.
- A working sewing machine that you know how to operate with extension cord.
- Basic sewing supplies = scissors, rotary cutter and mat, seam ripper, matching thread, pins, etc.
- A basic knowledge of sewing = straight lines, seam allowance, pressing and quilt construction.
- Materials for quilt top
- 1 Charm Pack OR 40 – 5 x 5 inch squares that coordinate
- 2 Yards of background fabric (I used Kona white cotton)
- Cotton solid scraps in colors that match your charm pack/squares (most useful are longer strips)
- Beginning quilters are welcome!
Please note: early registration is open for SFMQG members only from Sept 10th - 14th 2015. Non-members may register during this period and be placed on a waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis.
All registrants will be sent an invoice for the workshop fees, payment can be made via Paypal. You do not need a Paypal account, payment is by credit or debit card.
A full supply list will be sent to all registrants once payment has been received along with instructions for before class sewing so you can get to the fun much sooner!