Who can resist a challenge?
Theme: Modern Negative Space
- Use modern fabrics – solids and/or prints
- Small Quilts - measures 36″ or less per side
- Large Quilts - perimeter must not be larger than 480”
- Fun awards and prizes will be given
- Due at July 2016 SFMQG meeting.
Stay tuned for info about future workshop and incentives to show off your progress.
Check out these sites for inspiration:
- QuiltCon 2015: Use of Negative Space part 1
- QuiltCon 2015: Use of Negative Space part 2
- What is Modern Quilting Fabric?
- Contemporary Quilting: 5 Tips for Using Negative Space
If you wish you can enter your quilt:
QuiltCon East2017 – Savannah - Feb 23rd - 26, 2017
- Registration open: July 1st – Nov 30th, 2016
- Notification by: December 30, 2016
- Register at the Quiltcon East web site
Category - Use of Negative Space – Quilt design incorporates a creative or significant use of negative space which is integrated into and/or organizes the composition of the quilt.
Broward Quilt Expo (BQE)
- March 2017
- Register at the BQE website
. ~ Charlotte Noll - VP of Programming