SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 17TH, 2016
1 PM - 3 PM
PATCH REEF COMMUNITY CENTER
2000 W. YAMATO ROAD, BOCA RATON
The temperatures are dropping and so are the raindrops… ah, life in “sunny” Florida! Never fear, we will have a lot of fun next week at our September general meeting.
The Icebreaker this month is: Have you ever sold a quilt?
Our special topic this month is Modern Mini Quilts. We’ll be looking at some inspiration and talking about ideas. We’ll also be making plans for our contributions to the Mini Auction at Broward Quilt Expo in March of next year.
We will also be discussing the Quiltcom Charity Challenge and our SFMQG group project.
Other things to look forward to:
- Block of the month lottery: Two By Four
- Quilt Along: Improv Round Robin month seven
- President’s Talk: Guild activities update, elections, and more
- Community Service projects update.
- Show & Tell
What to bring checklist:
- Wear your name tag! Any members without a handmade name tag will have to pay the $1 tax!
- Bring jelly roll strips (2.5 x 18 inches or longer) in this month’s BOM colors (or black & white) for the jelly roll raffle.
- BOM blocks.
- QAL boxes.
- Snacks to share.
- LOTS of cash to buy goodies from the member’s Destash Table.
- Donations for the Sewtastic Basket: modern fabric, patterns, gift cards, books, notions, little presents!
- Show & Tell : Finished modern quilts and if you participated in the machine quilting workshop with Linda Hungerford (August) or the Heather Jones workshops (this weekend!), please bring your projects to share during Show & Tell. We’d love to see your straight-line or FMQ practice as well as finished projects!
See you at the meeting
Debby Schindall ~ Secretary