A big THANK YOU to our member Andrea Etkie for suggesting this one. She posted pictures of these improv houses on Facebook and they are sew adorable. We love to get BOM requests from members. The block came from The Stash Bee Hive Nine.
Our colorway is from Design Seeds. Feel free to use prints or solids. You will need 4 different fabrics.
This tutorial from The Stash Bee's Hive 9 is very easy to follow and includes step-by-step photos.
Here are a few things to remember:
- Start with 4 different 10” X 10” squares.
- Stack the 4 pieces of fabric and cut them all at the same time.
- Use ¼” seam allowance
- Finger press after each seam. (You can use an iron if it makes you happy.)
- Trim loose threads as you go.
- DO NOT square up block when finished just trim to the largest size rectangle possible.
- Rectangles should end up around 8-9 inches
This was such a fun block to make. It was interesting to see the houses take shape. I love how different each one looks. These blocks take about 30 minutes to make. The more you make, the better your chances of winning. Thanks again Andrea for a great block choice.
~ Beth Schnell & Shelly Recicar - BOM Activity Council