Wow! Wasn’t last Saturday a fun meeting!
We had 50 members sign in and welcomed three new members, Maureen Drudi, Betty Arahood, and Susanne Ellman. To all our members who have traveled north for the summer month: please enjoy yourself and we'll see you again in the fall!
For those of you that missed the meeting, we changed it up a bit. The first portion of the meeting was spent discussing our current ongoing challenges and project.
We got an update on the Riley Blake Challenge (don't forget, due to MQG April 30th and to bring your finished projects to the May meeting), Make Do Challenge, and the bag making workshop happening next weekend. There will be a blog post with updates on the Make Do Challenge.
We then had a great show and tell, with many inspiring projects made by our members.
The second portion of the meeting was spent walking through seven live demos.
Thanks so much to the people who volunteered to do the demos: Kerrilyn O’Rourke, Alaine Blessman, Sue Wiggins, Claire Blessman, Tonya Ricucci, Marya Amig and Debbie Krajkowski. In case anyone missed the demos or needs a refresher here are some videos, tutorials and information:
- How to Join Binding Strips
- Turn Binding Corners Perfectly With Marianne Fons
- How to Join the Binding Ends
- The Binding Tool
- Charlotte's Big Stitch Blog Post for Red Thread Studios
- Minick and Simpson Big Stitch Quilting
- Sarah Fielke Big Stitch Quilting
Bloc Loc Rules (including a flying geese ruler)
Flying Geese (this is next month’s QAL border)
Marking and Quilt Designs
Debbie’s favorite marking tools:
- General’s Chalk Pencils
- Bohin , Sewline or Fons & Porter MechanicalChalk Pencils
- The Dritz Chalk Cartridge Set (this line is a little thick)
- Choco Liner
- Quilt Pounce Pad with chalk
- Masking tape – various widths
Some good quilting motifs:
- Continuous line Sashiko patterns
- Curvy grids using the Sue Pelland Leaves Galore Rulers
- Stencils (like Baptist Fan and clamshells)
A note from Debbie K:
Thanks to everyone who brought in a half-square triangle QAL border. They looked awesome! Congrats to Rose Parsons for winning the awesome fat quarter bundle from Red Thread Studio. Next month’s QAL border is flying geese. We saw two methods at the demos today. Choose the method you like best and bring your geese border in next month for a chance to win a prize. I can’t wait to see everything come together. We are getting closer!