Is it getting hot enough for you yet? In the summer Floridians like to hide indoors and it’s a perfect time for making quilts, isn’t it?
Well we have a HOT meeting coming up for you on Saturday June 18th!
First of all, BRING YOUR MONEY! We have our first member’s Destash Table this month, and Judy Shelton says she has enough stuff to fill ten tables! Fabric, notions, patterns - all at prices that will be hard to resist. The Destash Table raises money for the guild and helps a member clear out the cupboards (to make room for new stuff, obviously). You can shop before the meeting, so get there when the doors open at 12:30 for the best choice!
The Sewtastic Basket will also be making a welcome return. Remember, all proceeds go directly into the guild to help fund community service projects and workshops!
The Icebreaker this month is: How many quilt projects do you work on at once? Are you totally focused, plugging away on one project until it’s done? Or do you get over excited and start six or seven projects at once? We can't wait to hear your story!
Our Special Topic this month is Studio Organization. How do you keep all of your fabric and sewing stuff organized? Monica will give us a video tour of her lovely stand alone studio, Patti will be talking about her methods without a dedicated sewing room, and we’ll have a slideshow of some organization ideas and tips with inspirational links. We would love to see a photo of how you organize your stash! Email a photo to Charlotte now. Everyone who participates will get a special button!
Other things to look forward to:
- Block of the month lottery: Minimalist crayon box
- Quilt Along: Improv Round Robin month four
- President’s Talk: Guild activities update
- Quiltcon: How to register and how to get your free show pass!
- The Riley Blake Spring 2016 Challenge finale: bring your finished projects for a special Show & Tell!
- Community Service: have we passed our original goal yet? Find out!
- Show & Tell: Bring your finished modern quilts to share.
Checklist: what to bring
- Wear your name tag! Don’t forget to attach your MQG pin!
- Bring jelly roll strips (2.5 x 18 inches or longer) in this month’s BOM colors (or black & white).
- Riley Blake challenge projects
- Show & Tell projects!
- Snacks to share.
- LOTS of cash/checks to buy goodies from the Destash Table.
- Donations for the Sewtastic Basket: modern fabric, patterns, gift cards, little presents!
We look forward to seeing you all on Saturday!
~ Allison Schnackenberg, President