Our next general meeting is this coming Saturday, May 16th. We meet at a lovely quilt shop called Stitchcraft, which is convenient for the fabric hounds among us (and who isn't?)
We have a fun agenda planned, including recaps of visits to the AQG Quilt Week in Paducah, and Sewtopia in Chicago. We are also being treated to an appliqué demonstration. Of course we'll have the usual BOM lottery and Show & Tell. And we'll be launching our guild Quilt-a-Long!
If you are already a member, we'll be asking everyone to sign in at this meeting so that we can keep our membership and mailing lists up to date.
If you are not yet a member - it's easy to join! We do not currently charge any membership dues, so all you need to do is turn up and a meeting and fill in a form.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday. Until then, happy stitching!
What to bring to the meeting
- Make sure to wear a name tag!
- May BOM Blocks: French Macarons. The more you bring the more chances you have to win!
- Name Tag Swap - finished name tags for your swap partner
- Jelly Roll strips to contribute to June's raffle prize: 2.5 inch x 18 inches (or longer) in aqua and red (black & white is also acceptable)
- Small scissors for the appliqué demonstration.
- Show & Tell: Bring your modern projects to share.
- Door prize donations: fabric, books, patterns, notions all welcome!
- Snacks to share.
- Project Linus donations: fabric, batting, orphan blocks all accepted. Crochet and knit blankets too.
- A creative spirit and an interest in modern quilting!